If you receive the below error during the license wizard, it is likely your communication to the Aginity license service has been blocked by a firewall or security policies.
The Workbench license process communicates with the Aginity licensing server on port 80.
You can check if this port is open in your network using a simple telnet command.
1) Open a windows command line interface.
2) Type the following command at the command prompt telnet 184.108.40.206 80
If port 80 is open, you will see a blank screen with the server address in the title bar.
Note in Windows 7 you may need to enable telnet first:
* Go to Start -> Control Panel -> Programs;
* Under Programs and features, click Turn Windows features on or off;
* Tick off both Telnet Client and Telnet Server;
* Click OK.
If this test fails, there is something blocking the connection to our licensing server and you will need to work with your network administrators to resolve the issue.
In the meantime, you can send the license requests via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by opening a support ticket using the Help Center.
In order to generate you a license code we need the following information:
1. First Name
2. Last name
3. Company Name
5. Platform required. Aginity Workbench is available for:
a) IBM PureData for Analytics (Netezza)
b) Amazon Redshift
c) Pivotal Greenplum
d) IBM dashDB
e) Hadoop (Hive and Big SQL)