Aginity Workbench for dashDB is a free client-side application that allows users to connect to their dashDB instance and query data there.
These release notes summarize the main features of Aginity Workbench for dashDB version 4.3 and provide instructions on installation of this version.
This section lists the main features of Aginity Workbench in descending order by release.
- Migrate your Netezza data models and data to dashDB.
- View various aspects of space allocation information for the tables in your database.
- Run all statements within a script in a transaction. You can specify whether transactions are committed explicitly (manually) or implicitly (after each successfully completed statement).
- Establish a Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) connection to your dashDB instance.
- Execute one or multiple SQL queries.
- Edit queries in the SQL Editor.
- Generate complete and accurate DDL for all schema objects (tables, views, materialized query tables, sequences, and so on), including the option of generating DDL for an entire schema.
- Create and call stored procedures in Workbench.
- Create SQL templates with parameterized values for easier storage and reuse.
- Explore all the schemas in your dashDB database and view the objects in each schema in an Object Explorer.
- Drag and drop schema objects from the Object Explorer into the Query Editor to insert the text where the pointer is currently positioned.
- Save a current query to a file or save all currently open queries as a single query set file to edit or execute the queries later.
- Create code snippets for reuse in queries.
- Create and insert bookmarks within a long query to help you jump to appropriate SQL statements.
- Create and apply filters to objects in the Object Explorer.
- Generate an explanation of how a query is going to be executed.
- Import data from an external database or from a file in one of the supported formats.
- Execute an SQL statement as a single batch (not as a series of SQL statements).
- Visualize various aspects of a result set.
- Have SQL code auto-completed as you type it.
- Create, test, and deploy SQL-based user-defined scalar and table functions.
- Run load tests on your database.
- Log data related to SQL query execution.
- Execute SQL statements in command-line mode using the Workbench Command Line Builder.
- Download and install version 4.3 from the Aginity Workbench for dashDB Downloads page.
- Windows XP or later
- Windows Installer 3.1
- .NET Framework 3.5 SP1
- Memory: 256 MB RAM
- Disk space: 100 MB, plus any necessary space for .NET Framework and Windows Installer.