These release notes summarize the changes in Aginity Workbench for dashDB version 4.7. The release notes also contain system requirements and list the known issues with the release.
What's New? (Also See Full List of Changes)
This section provides information about the main new features in version 4.7:
- You now have an application-level setting to specify whether to reuse an open target database connection between query executions.
- An option is now available to trim trailing spaces from strings in a file being imported.
- You can turn on a default entity filter to display only relevant database objects in the Object Browser each time you connect to a target database.
This section contains details of specific functions and changes that are included in Aginity Workbench 4.7.
Upgrading from Prior Versions
Workbench automatically checks for new updates and displays a dialog box if an update is available. In the dialog box, select Install this update now to download and install the update.
You can also choose to postpone installation of the update until the next time you run Workbench or suppress the update alert.
You can also check for updates manually by clicking Check for Updates on the Help menu and then install an available update by following the instructions in a wizard.
- Windows XP or later
- Windows Installer 3.1
- .NET Framework 3.5 SP1
- A client package containing required dashDB drivers. The package can be downloaded and installed from the dashDB Web Console.
- Memory: 256 MB RAM
- Disk space: 100 MB, plus any necessary space for .NET Framework and Windows Installer
Bug Fixes in Build 188.8.131.524
|Severity||Reference||Description||Existed Since Version||Resolution|
|Moderate||WPD-699||An error occurs when a user attempts to use the Compare Schemas feature.||4.6||Fixed. The feature now works as expected.|
|Minor||WPD-681||Using semicolons in subqueries causes Workbench to crash.||4.4||Fixed.|
|Minor||WPD-216||The Help menu contains an empty item under "Check for Updates" and a delimiter followed by no menu items under “Follow us ...”||4.4||Fixed.|
|Trivial||APD-3711||When the field type is Date, the year 0 (for example, 0000-01-01) causes an error “Year, Month, and Day parameters describe an un-representable DateTime.”||Either cast the date as a VARCHAR or do not use the year 0.|