Aginity Workbench for Greenplum provides new functionality and improvements in stability and quality of the software over previous versions. These release notes summarize the new features and changes that apply to version 4.5.
What's New? (Also See Full List of Changes)
This section provides information about the main new features in version 4.5.
- The new search feature helps locate the database object you want in the Object Browser. A set of options is available to set search scope and narrow search results.
- You can now bring code snippets from one Workbench into another by exporting them to a file and then importing them into a destination Workbench.
- During import of large files, in addition to the first 1,000 rows in the file being analyzed by default, you have the option of analyzing more or all of the rows to have Workbench adjust their data types and column lengths.
- During import, you have additional options for specifying what to do if the destination table exists.
This section contains details of specific functions and changes that are included in Aginity Workbench 4.5.
Upgrading from Prior Versions
Workbench automatically checks for new updates and displays a dialog box if an update is available. In the dialog box, select Install this update now to download and install the update.
You can also choose to postpone installation of the update until the next time you run Workbench or suppress the update alert.
You can also check for updates manually by clicking Check for Updates on the Help menu and then install an available update by following the instructions in a wizard.
- Windows XP or later
- Windows Installer 3.1
- .NET Framework 3.5 SP1
- Memory: 256 MB RAM
- Disk space: 100 MB, plus any necessary space for .NET Framework and Windows Installer
|WPD-187||Database object search is available.|
|WPD-445||You can export and import code snippets.|
|WPD-429||During import of a large file, as well as having the first 1,000 rows in the file analyzed by default, you can choose to analyze more rows.|
|WPD-127||During import, you have additional options to specify what to do with an existing destination table.|
|Moderate||APD-5977||The SECURITY DEFINER setting is ignored during export of a function.||N/A.|
|Trivial||APD-3711||When the field type is Date, the year 0 (for example, 0000-01-01) causes an error “Year, Month, and Day parameters describe an un-representable DateTime.”||Either cast the date as a VARCHAR or do not use the year 0.|