An AWS Marketplace subscription is required for production use of Aginity Team. The one option for obtaining a subscription and/or license:
Bring your own license (BYOL) - Subscribe through the marketplace and apply an existing license. To get a 30 day evaluation license please fill out this form and it will email you a license. Aginity will be in contact with you during the evaluation period. You can also contact us directly at email@example.com.
Create an IAM user or role. Your IAM user should have a policy that allows AWS CloudFormation actions. Do not use your root account to deploy the CloudFormation template. In addition to AWS CloudFormation actions, IAM users who create or delete stacks will also require additional permissions that depend on the stack template. This deployment requires permissions to all services listed in the following section.
Knowledge of the following AWS services:
- Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (Amazon EC2)
- Amazon Relational Database Service (Amazon RDS)
- Amazon Route 53
- Amazon Virtual Private Cloud (Amazon VPC)
- AWS CloudFormation
- Account limit increases will not be required for this deployment. (More information on proper policy and permissions here: https://docs.aws.amazon.com/AWSCloudFormation/latest/UserGuide/using-iam-template.html)
- Individuals possessing the AWS Associate certifications should have a sufficient depth of knowledge
Aginity Team can be deployed in a single availability zone. The data flow and architecture components are the same as the ones highlighted below. This solution does not provide high availability or fault tolerance.
Deployment Step by Step
- Log into AWS account with the IAM entity created in the prerequisites section with the required permissions to deploy the solution.
- Click the following link to deploy CloudFormation template(CFT) (deploys in us-east-1):
- In ‘Step 1 - Create Stack’, press the ‘Next’ button.
- In ‘Step 2 - Specify stack details’, fill out and adjust CloudFormation parameters depending on requirements.
- Press the ‘Next’ button.
- In ‘Step 3 - Configure stack options’, enter and adjust optional tags, permissions, and advanced options.
- Press the ‘Next’ button.
- Review your CloudFormation configurations.
- Press the ‘Create Stack’ button.
- Wait approximately 30 minutes for your CloudFormation template to deploy!
- You can verify your deployment has succeeded by looking for a ‘CREATE_COMPLETE’ status.
- If the status is ‘CREATE_FAILED’, see the troubleshooting section in this guide. If it succeeds, please use health checks.
You will be prompted during the deployment of the CFT to enter a username and password for the Aginity Team administrator.
Amazon Certificate Manager SSL/TLS Certificates
AWS Certificate Manager (ACM) is a service that lets you easily provision, manage, and deploy Secure Sockets Layer/Transport Layer Security (SSL/TLS) certificates for use with AWS services. SSL/TLS certificates provisioned through AWS Certificate Manager are free.
If you don’t already have an SSL/TLS certificate for your domain name, it is recommended that you request one using ACM. For more information about requesting an SSL/TLS certificate using ACM, please read the AWS Certificate Manager User Guide.
Certificates must be monitored for expiration. Aginity does not provide an integrated process for monitoring certificate expiration, but AWS provides a CloudFormation template that can help setup an alarm. Please visit the following link for details.
You are responsible for the cost of AWS services used while running this deployment. The AWS costs will depend on Aginity Team EC2 instance sizing and are outlined in the table below. Use the guidelines in the sizing section to determine what instances are appropriate for your deployment. With that information, you can use the AWS Simple Monthly Calculator to obtain the current prices and a cost estimate. To calculate your resource cost, please visit: https://calculator.s3.amazonaws.com/index.html
Storage and data transfer are not included as these vary depending on configuration. Please consult AWS Pricing for the latest information.
The following table outlines recommendations for EC2 instance size. If your team has more than 40 SQL analysts, please contact Aginity for additional sizing guidance. Please refer to the Costs section for pricing.
|Number of SQL Analysts|
I cannot “Create stack” in CloudFormation.
Please check that you have the appropriate permissions to “Create Stack”. Contact your AWS account admin for permissions, or AWS Support if you continue to have issues.
My Aginity Team AMI is throwing errors.
Please check that you have provided a valid license.
Everything is on fire.
Please contact AWS Support for AWS specific problems, or contact Aginity if you are having problems with the AMI!
We highly recommend you do daily back-ups and snapshots to ensure minimal loss and downtime for your application. Please review the section in the documentation on backup and recovery.
Our knowledge base has the most comprehensive details about general product troubleshooting. It is accessible from our support site, and should be the first stop for any technical questions.
- Follow the AWS CloudFormation Delete documentation to delete the resources deployed by this document
- By default, EBS snapshots are retained for recovery purposes. If you wish to delete these, follow the EBS process to delete unwanted backups
- Delete any other resources that you manually created to integrate or assist with the deployment