Connecting to IBM Netezza is easy. Here are the steps:
- To add a new connection, navigate to the File tab and click on Edit Connections, or press [⌘ + O] | [Ctrl + O].
- In the dialog box, click the Add icon (➕) next to the Connections header and select Netezza.
3. To finish creating a connection, enter valid data in the fields of the New connection dialog.
- Connection name – Replace the default New Connection with a meaningful value.
- Database JDBC DRIVER – Aginity will download your driver by default.
- Host – Enter the hostname of your Netezza server.
- Port – The default value is
- User and Password – Enter your Netezza credentials.
- Database – Select the database to connect to.
- Security level (SSL) – You have several options to set up the SSL mode:
- Only Unsecured – An unsecured connection to Netezza if the system accepts it (the default value).
- Preferred Unsecured – An unsecured connection with an option to accept a secured connection if the Netezza system requires it.
- Preferred Secured – A secured connection to the Netezza system with an option to accept an unsecured connection if the Netezza system requires it.
- Only Secured – A strictly secured connection to Netezza if the system accepts it.
- Autocommit – The default value is True.
🔎 TIP: If you need more details on Autocommit, check this link
- Connection timeout (sec) – The default value is 120. Specify another timeout, if needed, to tell the session when to disconnect.
- Advanced Properties – Supply additional JDBC parameters if needed.
- Click Test to ensure that the connection to the data source is successful.
- Click Save. A newly created connection will be displayed in your Database Explore panel just right under the Connections header.
🔎 NOTE: If you need more advanced information on how to set up a Netezza connection, please, contact us through email@example.com
🔎 TIP: For more information on SSL, visit the Netezza guide