Managing your Connections is easy. Here are the steps:
- To add a new connection, navigate to the File tab and click on Edit Connections, or press [⌘ + O] | [Ctrl + O].
- In the dialog box, click the Add icon (➕) next to the Connections header and select Greenplum or Postgres.
3. To finish creating a connection, enter valid data in the fields of the New connection dialog.
- Connection name – Replace the default New Connection with a meaningful value.
- Database JDBC DRIVER – Specify user drivers for the data source, or click the 'download them' link below this field settings area. For detailed instructions on setting up drivers, see Add a user driver to an existing connection.
- Host – Enter the hostname of your Greenplum or Postgres server.
- Port – The default value is
- Subprotocol (Only for Greenplum databases) – Select either generic PostgreSQL or Greenplum syntax.
- User and Password – Enter your Greenplum or Postgres credentials.
- Database – By default, Aginity will use Postgres.
- SSL Mode – You have several options to set up the SSL mode:
- Disable – when SSL is disabled, the connection is not encrypted.
- Prefer – SSL is going to be used if the server supports it.
- Allow – SSL is going to be used if the server requires it.
- Require – SSL is always required.
- Connection timeout (sec) – Specify the value to tell the session when to disconnect.
- Advanced Properties – Supply additional JDBC parameters if needed.
- Click Test to ensure that the connection to the data source is successful.
- Click Save. A newly created connection will be displayed in your Database Explore panel just right under the Connections header.
🔎 NOTE: If you need more advanced information on how to set up a Greenplum or Postgres connection, please, contact us through firstname.lastname@example.org
🔎 TIP: Check other configurable parameters supported within Postgres' JDBC driver