Aginity supports Microsoft SQL Server 2016, 2017, and 2019. Here are the steps to connect:
- To add a new connection, navigate to the File tab and click on Edit Connections, or press [⌘ + O] | [Ctrl + O].
- In the dialog box, click the Add icon (➕) next to the Connections header and select SQL Server.
3. To finish creating a connection, enter valid data in the fields of the New connection dialog.
- Connection name – Replace the default New Connection with a meaningful value.
- Database JDBC DRIVER – Specify user drivers for the data source, or click the 'download them' link below this field settings area. For detailed instructions on setting up drivers, see Add a user driver to an existing connection.
- Host – Enter the hostname of your SQL Server server.
- Port – The default value is
- Authentication – The default value is Standard. The other option is Windows Authentication.
- User and Password – Enter your SQL Server credentials.
- Database – Select the default database you're going to use in the client session.
- Connection timeout (sec) – Specify the value to tell the session when to disconnect.
- Advanced Properties – Supply additional JDBC parameters if needed.
- Click Test to ensure that the connection to the data source is successful.
- Click Save. A newly created connection will be displayed in your Database Explore panel just right under the Connections header.
🔎 NOTE: If you need more advanced information on how to set up a SQL Server connection,
please, contact us through firstname.lastname@example.org