Interacting with Query Results
Once Aginity executes your query, you can use the Results Grid features to interact with the result set. We've reviewed the typical actions available to you below:
- Reordering the Results Grid
- Sorting the Results Grid
- Filtering the Results Grid
- Transpose Grid
- Exporting results to CSV or TSV
Reordering the Results Grid
After successful query execution, you can rearrange the columns in the Results Grid to perform subsequent analysis more effectively.
Reordering the Result Grid is easy:
- Click, hold and drag the header of the column you want to rearrange. As you move it left or right, the grid will adjust automatically to reposition the column.
- As soon as you're satisfied with the column's new position, release the drag, and it'll lock into place.
Sorting the Results Grid
After successfully executing a query, Aginity may return some query rows. You'll be able to sort those results and enable various types of analysis for them.
To starting sorting, simply click on the header row in the Results Grid. If that column is already sorting the results, then the order will toggle between ascending and descending.
Filtering the Results Grid
Aginity lets you filter data in the Results Grid to simplify locating and analyzing certain subsets of the obtained information. In addition, the filtering option allows you to operate with that data without submitting an entirely separate query.
Follow these steps to use this feature:
- To filter the Results Grid by values in a particular column, bring your cursor to the header of the column you wish to work with. You'll see the filter icon (three horizontal bars) appear on the right-hand side of the header row.
- Click on the filter icon—a pop-up menu that will allow you to enter the filter criteria will open.
- The application will select the 'Contains' filter criteria by default, but several other filter types exist, and you can select any of them. Once you've made your choice, type in the filter into the text box.
- The results filtering will begin immediately. When a column is being filtered, you'll see a funnel icon appear in its header.
- To remove the filter, re-enter the filter mode by clicking on the three bars filter icon in the header row, and simply delete the filter text.
- Multiple columns can have active filters at the same time. To accomplish this, simply perform all these steps on each needed column.
Aginity provides you with the ability to select particular columns and transpose their results.
- To access this feature, once you've got your results, select one or more needed rows in the Results Grid. Then hit the Transpose Results button in the Grid menu. Aginity will open a new result tab with an updated table.
- If you select nothing but still click the button, Aginity will transpose all rows at once.
- When you refresh the query, the application will close a tab with the transposed table. If SQL for the original tab reruns, it'll close all the related transposed tabs.
- If you close the original result tab, Aginity will also close all the related transposed tabs.