One of the core advantages of Aginity Premium is centralized user control and management. Aginity Premium admins have two approaches to be able to do this:
- Manual user creation - an administrator is required to manually create users and user groups inside Aginity Premium. This also means that when a user needs to be disabled, an admin is required to do so.
- LDAP integration - this approach allows our admins to connect their internal corporate user directory with Aginity Premium. Once a new user is created or disabled there, same will take effect inside Aginity Premium.
Manual user creation
Please follow the steps below to add / edit user manually in Aginity Premium:
1. Go to Administration / Manage Users
2. Click 'Register New User'
3. Fill in User information and select Register
4.New users will appear in the 'Manage users' grid, where you will later be able to Edit, change Password or Disable users
Important: Make sure you select the right option for User / Admin, as it will determine significant feature difference throughout the application.
Please follow the steps below to set up automated user integration through LDAP:
1. Go to Administration / User Directory
2. Enter your LDAP server settings and select correct encryption
3. (Optional) Specify connection settings
4. Fill in user Schema Settings
5. (Optional) Fill In group schema settings
Note: this is required if you'd like to re-create users groups that exist in LDAP for faster user management - i.e. assign them specific connections etc.
6. In 'Sync Settings & History' set up how often you want users to be updated (in minutes) and view the status / progress of each synchronization job that runs
Note: LDAP configuration UI is built for your ease and benefit. We believe this is the cleanest, simplest way of ensuring all the information is correct. If you still prefer to use an alternative method (such as a yaml file) please contact email@example.com for additional information